1/28/2011

running titles test the heart

Each picture is a self portrait of an artist. Such statement is well known , plus that describes the painting  and explains the creative work at whole. 

Self-portrait by Tomas Karkalas

I am used to look at my works as at my diary, yet do I have the right to say "it's me on the above picture?"
I can name the painting the self-portrait, yet can I expect somebody would recognize Tomas Karkalas here?

I am invited to participate in the exhibition of Self-portrait. The theme is clear, yet can I offer the paintings like above?
I would greatly appreciate your opinion in order to escape the needless misunderstandings. That painting may be the abstract, yet can the above depict me? What do you think?

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Richard Klekociuk said...

Look carefully Tomas, You are in the painting, towards the centre, between daubs of green.
I see this painting as being about you, not of you.
You have made your mark and I hope there are many more to come!

TOMAS said...

Dear Richard, thank you. I greatly appreciate your comment. It helped me to focus - freed me from the aimless musings and returned back to painting.

Sandee said...

You are the artist Tomas, so you can decide what you see and what you will share with the rest of the world. You are the artist.

Have a terrific day. :)