9/03/2012

Disability benefits


Equal opportunities, isn't? photo by Tomas Karkalas
My living with disabilities was hard to accept but taught me the gratitude. The status of an invalid made me out of work for life but forced me to admit the dependence on the grace of others. Thus my sickness trained me to respect the next to me as myself and made these thoughts the loud. My visual meditations  became my artworks and expressed the way of being.
I sold nothing but received lots of your nice comments on the blogs I have started. That enabled me to respect myself in spite of the reality I was facing. Though my artworks didn't get any profit to me but they taught to look at my life with the grateful thanks for being alive, and that attitude was my greatest achievement.

Equal rights digital painting by Tomas Karkalas

The instructions that follow museum-pieces announce "do not touch!" but there is no need to fear because  just viewing needs just consciousness that brings no penalty.




Come
Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!
The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers and to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments

11 comments:

Cperz said...

I think you have an amazing attitude and are inspirational as to how you view things in such a beautiful way despite the hardships you have faced in your life.

Such interesting art. I am so glad you came by my site so I could find my way here.

Most of the stuff on my blog is pure silliness, but what you do is creative and interesting.

Mike said...

And, yet, we walk away with so much more than the price of admission would indicate. Thanks for sharing your gifts with us.

ken (grumbling man) said...

Thank you for sharing your art that is beautiful!

Richard Klekociuk said...

Money cannot buy your art nor your desire to express yourself, Tomas. You are wealthy in creativity and I thank you for your presence on the Internet, my friend.

TOMAS said...

Thank you all for so precious comments. I'm glad you have enjoyed my light.
Dear Richard, you are right while saying that money cannot by the art, yet money can buy the art supplies and they are the foundation of any art. Meanwhile the paper and a pen (canvases and the paints) are the luxury goods to me - something desirable yet above my potency to pay. Reality puts me into the shoes of the beggar Unfortunately... such was my message.

Richard Klekociuk said...

Keep doing what you do, Tomas. Your art brings comfort not only to you, but to many others like me who have never had the pleasure of meeting you. God bless.

Trina said...

As always, beautiful! I love the contrast in the picture with the boys shirt and hat standing out to highlight him and the apple is marvelous.

Nice to see you back on TST
Clicks!
--Trina

Art of RetroCollage said...

Very beautiful painting, which is evidence that you should continue making art always! Thank you very much for sharing this.

Unknown said...

Aloha From Hawaii, I am a Lifetime Artist/Oil-Painter with Hundreds Of Large Format 3ft. X 4ft. and Larger Oil-Paintings in Storage. I Live off of a stipend from the Veterans Admin. of a thousand a month because I also am 100% Enabled to Create with a Food Stamp Budget. Bravo! I Really Like Your Imagery.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Tomas -

I "Equal Opportunity" ... it's touching yet I find it haunting, too, though I don't know why. I wish you could find an agent to represent your work ... it really deserves to be known.

Bud

Anonymous said...

Tomas -

I love "Equal Opportunity" ... it's touching but for some reason, haunting, too, like a sad story yet to be told. Glad you're back on TST.

Bud